Following the proper warranty procedures, as described when your new bus is delivered, is critical to ensure proper claim recovery from the manufacturers. Please read through the following procedures, and ensure everyone in your organization is fully versed on this program to reduce or eliminate any confusion.
You can also view our Service Documents page.
1. When calling WBS with a request for warranty verification, please have the following information available so we can determine that the failure is actually covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. A. A brief description of the "Complaint". B. Manufacturers Body Number. C. Odometer reading.
2. If repair parts are required, remember that Genuine Parts supplied by WBS are required in all cases. The manufacturer’s body number is critical to determine that we will be sending you the correct repair parts. Warranty claims can be denied by the body manufacturer if Genuine OEM parts are not used in a repair. If Genuine Parts are not available within a reasonable period of time & you feel that an exception should be made in your case, please contact us. We will do our best to expedite Genuine Parts or get a special approval from the manufacturer for your unique situation.
Please request a "Return Authorization Number" at the same time that you order repair parts. Our Parts & Warranty Departments can issue an RMA number when you call us at either 503-905-0002 or 800-258-2473.
NOTE: NO PARTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE RETURNED WITHOUT AN RMA NUMBER.
3. A WBS Warranty Claim form can be shipped along with the repair parts, sent to your fax, or your email address, whatever will work best for you. The form must be completed & returned within 14 days of a repair. WBS is required to submit your claim to the manufacturer within 30 days of the repair. A copy of the invoice to document the purchase of Genuine OEM repair parts is also required so we can pass on a final credit with reference towards the proper purchase invoice.
NOTE: LATE CLAIMS CAN BE DENIED BY ALL OF OUR MANUFACTURERS
4. Manufacturers policies are not all the same, but when they do reimburse for Freight Expense, it is for Ground shipments only. Next Day Air, 2nd Day, 3rd Day, or any type of special handling will not normally be covered by warranty.
5. If you need to take your vehicle to an outside "sublet" repair facility, you must call for a "MANUFACTURERS PRIOR APPROVAL" to authorize actual repairs. Examples of these repairs would include body, paint, air conditioning, front axle, rear axle, or driveline repairs. A description of the failure, a repair estimate, & possibly digital photos could be required before an approval will be issued.
6. All Warranty claims will be submitted to the appropriate Body Manufacturer for approval & final processing. Your account will be credited accordingly, as received from the manufacturer.
7. Please remember that if the warranty parts and/or service needed is for a component not warranted by the body manufacturer, you are responsible for contacting the correct warranty provider. Ford, Chevrolet, & GMC Dealers will honor the warranty for the cab, chassis, powertrain, brakes, front & rear axles, just to name a few of the components that they are responsible for. Your CAT or Cummins engine, or your Allison Transmission will be repaired by your closest authorized dealer. Please call the WBS Warranty or Service Departments if we can assist with locating the authorized dealer in your area. We have included with this packet a list of phone numbers for our manufacturers’ service and warranty dealers in the Northwest.
8. If Western Bus Sales is requested to make a service call to your facility to investigate a concern that you feel is a body manufacturer warranty problem, we will do our best to comply with your request as soon as possible. Upon arrival at your facility we will troubleshoot the concern and determine responsibility. When the failure is covered by the body manufacturer, we will expedite repairs. If the problem is caused by a component that we are not authorized to repair, we will suggest that the vehicle be taken to CAT, Cummins, Allison, Ford, Chevrolet, or GMC for warranty repairs. If we find that the problem is not covered by our body manufacturer’s warranty, we reserve the right to request reimbursement for our travel mileage, travel labor, and diagnostic time.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE WARRANTY PROCEDURES, CONTACT:
Jim Pederson, Warranty Manager
Toll-Free: (800) 258-2473
Direct: (503) 905-0053
Fax: (503) 905-0060