Field Service Technician
This position is responsible for mobile vehicle service repairs and customer service on school buses, primarily at customer sites.
Most of the repairs will be under warranty by different OEMs, such as Blue Bird, Cummins, Braun, and more. This position will have a geographic responsibility of Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington.
- Company: Western Bus Sales
- Location: 30355 SE Highway 212, Boring, OR 97009
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Travel: Heavy & Overnight
- Education Level: High School
- Coordinate onsite repairs directly with customers
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and complete vehicle repairs using appropriate tools and OEM instructions
- Majority of repairs are NOT heavy line work. Consists mostly of superficial electrical diagnosis, laptop work, cosmetic issues, etc.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone/email
- Order parts necessary for field repairs
- Test drive vehicles to confirm complaint and/or repair
- Maintain responsibility for minimal on-truck parts inventory
- Heavy travel required, with an average 3 overnights away from home each week depending on your home base
- Area of responsibility includes Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Minimum of 2 years mechanical repair experience in the automotive, truck or bus industry
- Preference will be given to truck, bus and / or heavy equipment experience
- Commitment to WBS company philosophy regarding customer service and sales
- Ability to work independently without supervision at customer sites
- Positive and helpful attitude towards vendors, customers, and fellow employees
- Well organized, attentive to detail and efficient with time
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn
- Good communication skills including email, text, phone
- Customer service skills for face-to-face contact with customers
- Able to describe in written reports the mechanical and diagnostic work performed
- Strong computer experience with email programs, internet browsers, and Windows based programs
- Clean and care for service truck, shop tools, parts inventory, and equipment
- Able to supply own hand tools
- Able to manage consistent overnight travel throughout Oregon & SW Washington
- Possess an active driver license with clean driving record. Commercial driver’s license will be required within 180 days.
Send your resume to the attention of Doug Pettina via email.