External Service Technician
WBS is looking for an experienced gas/diesel technician to join our Service Department. This position is responsible for vehicle service repairs and customer service on school buses, commercial buses and vans, and privately owned RVs at our main shop in Boring, Oregon.
Some of the repairs will be under warranty by different OEMs, such as Blue Bird, Cummins, Braun, and more.
- Company: Western Bus Sales
- Location: 30355 SE Highway 212, Boring, OR 97009
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Travel: Light to none
- Education Level: High School
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and complete vehicle repairs using appropriate tools and OEM instructions
- The mechanical work will be varied, including body, chassis, powertrain, air conditioning, wheelchair lifts, etc.
- Test drive vehicles to confirm complaint and/or repair
- Minimum of 1 year mechanical repair experience in the automotive, truck or bus industry
- Preference will be given to truck, bus and / or heavy equipment experience
- Knowledge of Ford & GM chassis a definite asset
- Proven strong troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to WBS company philosophy regarding customer service and sales
- Positive and helpful attitude towards vendors, customers, and fellow employees
- Well organized, attentive to detail and efficient with time
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn
- Good communication skills including email, text, phone
- Able to describe in written reports the mechanical and diagnostic work performed
- Strong computer experience with email programs, internet browsers, and Windows based programs
- Clean and care for shop tools and equipment
- Able to supply own hand tools
- Possess an active driver license with clean driving record. Commercial driver’s license will be required within 180 days.
Send your resume to the attention of Matt Fery via email.